SECoPA is an affiliation group of the American Society for Public Administration.
About the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA)
Since 1939, we have been the nation’s most respected society representing all forums in the public service arena. We are advocates for greater effectiveness in government – agents of goodwill and professionalism – publishers of democratic journalism at its very best – purveyors of progressive theory and practice and providers of global citizenship. We believe that by embracing new ideas – addressing key public service issues – and promoting change at both the local and international levels, we can enhance the quality of lives worldwide.
Mission: ASPA is the leading interdisciplinary public service organization that:
- Advances the art, science, teaching, and practice of public and non-profit administration.
- Promotes the value of joining and elevating the public service profession.
- Builds bridges among all who pursue public purposes at home and internationally.
- Provides networking and professional development opportunities to those committed to public service values.
- Achieves innovative solutions to the challenges of governance.